Friday, February 26, 2010

Addiction




Yep. I get it.


It's a problem for me. I was telling (or confessing) to Josh recently that I can go around my little internet circle for hours and hours. Facebook -- email -- blogs -- facebook -- email, etc.


Over and over and over.....like a hamster in a wheel. Nothing new and exciting really happening. Just clicking through the hours of my day. I think I feel bored and sometimes still a little unsure of how I'm supposed to be spending the minutes of my day. And sadly, this hamster wheel is my default.


I feel a little over-wired. Frazzled. Convicted.


There are two precious, little souls in my house right now. I can't stand before the Lord and honestly say that I've made the most of my time with them.


That, right there, is like a knife in my heart. I'm not saying blogging and facebook and email is bad. But I'm saying it can be. And I think it's gotten unhealthy for me.


So what to do? I'm not sure. I'm praying about it, but I know it means less time on here, for sure. I need boundaries.


Question for you guys: how do you handle this? What boundaries have you put up for yourself? Do you set a timer? Do you only get online when you're kids are at school or napping or room time?


I don't want to waste my life.


I want to look back on this short season with my little boys and know that I fought.... with all my might for what's truly most important. I want them so badly to watch what I do and know that Mommy loved Jesus more than anything else...because, to mommy, He's better than anything else.


I want them to love Him more than anything else too.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm composing a reply to this but I haven't got it all down yet. Please be patient with me :-) I have the same struggle.

Pages