Saturday, April 28, 2007

Update on Josh's tummy

We decided he should go to Urgent Care (which isn't AT ALL urgent) and waited 1 1/2 hours until someone saw us. By that time he wasn't great but not as bad as earlier...at least not throwing up anymore. They basically said exactly what we knew...it was a viral infection in his intestines and they gave him a shot of phinegrin (I have no idea how to spell that) which took effect almost immediately although Josh said it burned worse than any shot he's ever had. It also put him in a deep sleep as soon as we got home. They also gave him a prescription for more if he needed it.

I learned in the process that Hartness' blood pressure tends to bottom out when they're sick which had me a little panicy at first when the nurse said his top number was 86! Then I talked to his mom who told me that that's just what they do. The nurse didn't want Josh to leave for awhile after his shot and then wanted to wheel him out in a wheel chair....apparently concerned he would pass out. He didn't.

Funniest thing I heard while there was when the doctor asked if Josh was still nauseous and he replied, "I'd say it's more of an ache....with just a tinge of nausea." What?!?

0 comments:

Pages