Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Good Friday!




Tonight Josh and I are going to a passover banquet with my family. It's an annual Seder meal celebrated and hosted by Word of Messiah, a Messianic Jewish ministry.

My family used to celebrate this most years as I was growing up, but it's been a long time so I'm looking forward to it as I'm now able to understand more of what it all means. I do remember some of it like dipping the parsley in salt water symbolized the tears of the Israelites and the bitter herbs symbolized their years of slavery (I think). Also the unlevened bread is a reminder of how quickly they fled Egypt and then the lamb, which is obviously Christ.

It's really interesting and adds so much meaning to what all we're celebrating. I recommend it if you've never done it.

I'll update about it later and try to remember what food means what.



1 comments:

meghann said...

isaiah looked so cute in his little outfit on sunday! what a little man he is becoming!

Pages