Friday, February 03, 2012

Jewelry Display Ideas

This week I've been getting my shop ready for an arts market that happening here in Charlotte tonight. I'm not a craft fair pro by any means, but I've learned a few tricks for making my table cute, and have had lots of people stop and comment on my displays instead of my jewelry! Maybe I should start another shop...


Since I'm already in the mode, I thought I'd share a few of my cheap, DIY displays.


1. Hanging earring display:

There are lots of them out there floating around on Pinterest...


I found an frame at Hobby Lobby on clearance and have done it this way several times, but I didn't have the wire or jute secured and it almost always led to my earrings crashing down over and over. Then I saw that you could use chicken wire on the back of your frame....



I'm in a hurry today and didn't have time to run to Home Depot for the chicken wire, BUT...

I did have the mesh bag that my oranges came in. (wink, wink)


So, I just cut the mesh bag, pulled it as tight as I could and taped it to the back of the frame.



Works like a charm!

2. Tiered displays

These are SUPER easy to make! I just went to Hobby Lobby, bought several plates on clearance and a couple cheap candle sticks. Then used E6000....the this-stuff-holds-anything glue...and glued the candlesticks to the plates.







This one was made using dollar store pie pans and the same cheap candle sticks. It currently is a fruit holder, but tonight will moonlight as a cute accessories display.

Bringing dignity to the dollar store....it's a calling, y'all. :)

{And yes, for some reason I decided to be different and glue the candlesticks
upside down. Different does not equal better, people.}

Here is just another example of using a plastic plate and cup from the clearance section and a little glue..



3. Hanging jewelry display



This used to be my favorite one until I put that stupid chalkboard label on it. I had just gotten them and thought they were re-usable so I tried it out on my display board. Yeah, they're not reusable and I can't write neatly in chalk to save my life.

I'm talking to someone about it...



So, I found this ugly painting in the....wait for it....Hobby lobby clearance section. It was marked way down so I took it home, flipped the painting around and painted the back of it this Martha Stewart seafoamy color.

(For the record, "Seafoamy" is not the name of the color)

I got Josh to screw in these cute knobs and I spray painted the wrought iron drawer pulls at the bottom (they are turned upside down to hold the earrings). It was all really easy.




Now this is kinda what I want to put in my bathroom...


So, there you go. I'm sure y'all have seen tons of other ideas too. It's so much more fun to use something YOU have made! Have fun. ;)



0 comments:

Pages