Thursday, February 09, 2012

Easiest Homemade Applesauce EVER

We all really love applesauce, but I don't buy it unless I can find natural or no-sugar added applesauce because, really? I just think God made most fruits sweet enough without adding white sugar. So for me, a sugar free recipe was important. I also wanted a little instant gratification and didn't want to wait on a crock pot for hours (though it's REALLY good in a crock pot!).

Now, I can't for the life of me, find the recipe I used, but all it called for was 3 lbs of apples, 1 1/2 cups of water and spices. I used cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves because I like it a little spicy. :)


Here's all you do (and again, let me apologize for the pictures ahead of time. a camera phone in my kitchen is not ideal).....


Peel and chop the apples....



Put apples and water in a pot. Add your spices and stir. Let it come to a boil and then lower to a simmer until the apples are really tender...about 15 mins or so.



At that point you can decide what kind of texture you want. You can put it in a blender, food processor or leave it really, really chunky. I decided to use my immersion blender to get it to the consistency we like....creamy with a few chunks. So easy!




And the results?
I think that speaks for itself. :)



0 comments:

Pages