Wow...I don't even know how to organize thoughts anymore. I guess you would call this a Stream of Consciousness Update Edition of a Small Variety.
See? I told you.
I have much to update, little brain energy and many, many distractions.
Here's a smidgen of what's been going on in reverse order.
1) Got back yesterday from the most WONDERFUL surprise girl's weekend ever! My 2 closest girlfriends in the whole world coordinated with my very sweet husband to steal me away and take me to the beach. They completely surprised me Thurs night....and ya'll, I'm really nosy. I'm not surprised often so I consider that Bond or Bourne-worthy on their parts. I had a performance at school Fri morning and by lunch, we were on our way!
We laughed (a LOT), cried, pondered, shared, planned, ate, laid on the beach, wrote down quotes of the weekend, went for walks, ate, slept in, went out, ate, watched some tv, came up with 3 words to describe one another, critiqued outfits, ate....you know, the perfect girl's getaway.
Friendships like that are rare....treasure like diamonds. They know me (even before I was a wife or a mommy). They get me. They value me despite all my mess. They truly want my good. They are a safe place to land and I love them dearly.
2) My students had a performance last Friday morning (Grandparent's day...that whole thing is still weird to me), and I was at school every day last week.
I. was. exhausted.
And it was just for TWO songs!!!
Those of you who manage to be a mommy and work full time....I'm baffled at how you do it. Truly.
Now that it's over, I'm hoping to be able to formulate thoughts that don't revolve around getting my kids to sing "I Vow to Thee, My Country" with the tall mouth shapes of Charlotte Church, and doing the right hand motions for "This Is My Father's World"...as wonderful as those songs are.
(I screwed up the hand motions, by the way, and one of my 4 year old's exclaimed "Oh! I forgot that part!" At least the audience laughed....maybe I can blame it on him. :) )
3) If you know me, you probably also know by now that my sister-in-law, Stacey, is having TWINS!!!!! I seriously about pee myself every time I think about it. CAN. NOT. BELIEVE. IT.
We also just discovered that the twins we thought ran in the family, were actually from fertility treatments so there are NO twins in the family that were a result of their genetics. Excitement for them doesn't capture how we're all feeling. God is funny. And a little scary. :)
4) We have now had 2 wrecks in 3 months. Yep. So lots of Josh's time has been spent repairing and paying for repairs on multiple vehicles....poor guy.
(but I'm glad I didn't have to do it.)
The up-side is that no one has been hurt, we have been spared MUCH, it wasn't the new-to-us van :), God is providing the resources to pay for and fix the cars, one of the other car owners is a co-worker and has been incredibly gracious and understanding, we are growing and learning a lot in the process, it's forced us to have some ugly conversations that exposed sin and ended up in a sweet, forgiving place.
Remember that cool bedroom makeover? Yeah, that's the down-side. It's gotta wait a little while longer (or be done very-little-bit by very-little-bit), but I do have a few pics to show you of things we've done since our last BM of 2010 update. So look for that coming soon.
5) God has been digging deep into my stuff. I know it seems like He's always doing that. I say that a lot, but this is a little different. It's a skeletons-in-the-closet kind of digging. Lots of shame. Things I don't want to acknowledge, much less talk about....and I think it's safe to say I'm a pretty open person. Don't get scared of what that means. I'm not really a man and I haven't killed anyone....but the digging has been hard. It has also become unavoidable and desperately needed.
And at the same time, I'm starting to feel more clean and free than I have in a very long time. I have a feeling it's going to take awhile, and I don't know if I'll ever get the guts to write about it all (especially not here in the middle of it), but the Lord is bringing healing. Healing to me, my heart, my mind, my past, my marriage....everything. Light in dark places.
6) The boys have been busy. Both are getting really big and quite freakin' adorable, if I say so myself. :) I just stare at them all the time.
It might also have something to do with the fact that I don't know what to say when one of them decides to compare some of his, um, "unmentionables" to mine (in front of our SMALL GROUP)...
but that's for a different post.
I think this is enough for one day. I feel much less cluttered now.
Thank you for helping me dust out my brain. :)