Monday, November 23, 2009

Tha rain and the birrds (somewhare) are very appreciated here

I've been talking to Isaiah a lot about being thankful and having a grateful heart, as well as trying to drive home the whole spirit of Thanksgiving.

("A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" has been surprisingly helpful in this.)

Anyway, we were eating breakfast this morning, and I took the opportunity again to ask him what he's thankful for.

And here's a look into the depth and profundity of our 3 year old's mind....

(Note: imagine a back-country red-neck in a small body and you'll get a better feel for our conversations)

M: Isaiah, what are some things you're thankful for?


I: --Mah rainy day.

--Birrds.

--Tha sink.

--Tha new birrd.
The one outsiide....somewhare.
Thare's new birrds outsiide....somewhare.
I think thar in thar house so they won't git we-yut.

--Tha big gooose sleeping at the parrk down tha hee-ill.

--Mah saaaw-zaaaw!

(This is in reference to his toy saw.
Now imagine someone from "Hee-Haw" saying it and there you go)

--All mah stuuff....for mah rainy da-eez.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your phonetic spelling so we can really "hear" him! SO CUTE.

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, when I read the title of your post I was worried you had completely forgotten how to spell. But I get it and man that kid is funny. You are too, btw.

Kristin

Pages