Friday, August 22, 2008

Divine intervention needed...NOW!

List of things that need to be done before baby arrives on Sept 26th:

1. Move desk and computer stuff out of nursery
2. Find place to put desk and computer stuff
3. Move crib into nursery
4. Move toddler bed into Isaiah's room
5. Teach Isaiah to sleep in toddler bed
6. Clean out closet in nursery
7. Get changing pad, baskets, drawers for closet, bedding and diapers
8. Find a good double stroller for a good price in good condition
9. Arrange for Isaiah's childcare while in hospital
10. Make and freeze additional meals

AAAAH! I really thought writing it all out would make me feel better. It doesn't. In fact, I probably forgot some.

Breathe.

This has been an extremely challenging season for me. I have precious little patience. I am very uncomfortable. I have low energy and there is a lot to do, not to mention an extremely energetic toddler that I'm apparently responsible for. I have a lot to confess and repent of. Frankly, my attitude sucks, and it's embarrassing. I just had to ask my 2 yr old to forgive me...and it was way overdue.

I need this to sink deep into my heart today. I need "the word of Christ to dwell in you [me] richly."

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." --2 Cor 9:8

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Dana-
Boy do I remember that feeling of being completely overwhelmed before Abigail was born. It seemed like an endless list of things to do. I'm glad you stopped to meditate on that scripture- Gods Word is truth- so don't settle until you truly believe it! :)

One thing I learned once Abigail was here was that she sure didn't seem to need much. She's 6 months now and still doesn't have her own nursery and we're getting by with way fewer clothes than we thought we needed with Alathea, I really didn't use my double stroller nearly as much as I thought I would, etc. All that anxiety over nothing (isn't that always the case :)

I'll be praying for peace for you to rest in the Lord and enjoy the next few weeks as sweet time with Josh & Isaiah.

Oh- and get used to feeling dependent on the Lord- its been an every day thing since having Abigail. But, the days when I actually am on my knees asking the Lord for help its such a blessing (as opposed to time when I focus on myself and feel discouraged)!!

I so admire you for being so humble and sharing how you are doing! I will be praying for you. I'd love to see you before the next little baby arrives :)

Spirit of Adoption said...

You do not need meals b/c we'll all be bringing them!! : ) And Isaiah can stay w/ us if we will be here....let's talk dates! : )

Pages