Wednesday, August 22, 2007

If any of you lacks wisdom...

...let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and He will give it to him. -- James 1:5


This verse has been coming to my mind over and over again in the last week (and not because I really meditate on scripture like I should). I have never felt more in need of wisdom in any other season of my life. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.

I know that I'm a wreck without wisdom and I see how the consequences ripple through so many different areas of my life now because so many more are affected by my having wisdom or not having it. Each of these areas are chock full of daily challenges, it seems like, that require much more smarts and know-how than I have, leaving my head spinning and me wondering when and where this wisdom is going to come....because I need it NOW.

The areas I feel it most:

--my marriage and how I relate to Josh
--how I love and discipline and train Isaiah
--how I prepare for and teach the K4-6th graders that I will see twice a week
--how we make decisions financially so that we're being good stewards


I'm tired and overwhelmed with these responsibilities right now and have to believe the end of that verse...."and He will give it to him [her]." God has been kind to remind me to ask boldly and often, that His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in my weakness. I hope to share what that grace looks like in these circumstances really soon.


(but I definitely need prayer if you think about it)

0 comments:

Pages