Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Spring!!!

I'd like you to meet Frank. He's my very first tulip. I'm very proud of him. Frank also has several friends that have sprung up beside him. One of his friends (Bob) is purple like him and the other is orange. Her name is Abigail.

Apparently that's the side of the house to plant stuff on...it gets a lot of sunlight during the day.

The rest of the pictures are from the Tulip Festival I was privileged to see while visiting Meghann in Seattle last spring. Words and pictures don't do it justice. It was AMAZING.

So, what are you growing?
































3 comments:

Topharmers Wife said...

So....I am pretty much jealous of your tulips...we just have the standard daffodils at our house!
See you three tonight!

Melanie said...

Frank is beautiful!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your springtime growths!!

Patrick and I aren't planting quite yet. Hopefully sometime this summer will have a few plants!

Unknown said...

Welcome, Frank!
We have some summertime bulbs that are just poking their heads out..Asian lilies and daylilies. Our new azaleas are blooming.
Our garden is sprouting spinach and peas. We're still waiting on the carrots.
And I also planted lily of the valley, which I can smell occasionally but it hasn't appeared yet (is that possible? Maybe I am hallucinating).

Pages