Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Spiritual conversations with a 3 year old that did NOT go well -- part 1

I have a feeling this might turn into a series.

Hence, the part 1.


The scene:

Isaiah was told to take his blanket and pillow to the playroom to get ready for his nap.


I: But Mooommy! I don't waaaant tooooo. There's monsters in they-er. I'm scaaaaay-yerd.

~quick note: if you read my previous post about Isaiah's accent and notice some inconsistencies ("thar" vs "they-er")....we know! It's a complicated phenomenon that we don't pretend to understand. It's taken on a life of it's own. It could very well mean that he's all 7 brands of redneck. Who knows....I'm still analyzing it myself. Ok, back to regularly scheduled programming....



I: But Mooommy! I don't waaaant tooooo. There's monsters in they-er. I'm scaaaaay-yerd.

M: Isaiah, we've talked about this. There are no monsters in there. And you know what? Jesus is always with you so you never have to be scared.

I: Nuh-uh! Jesus does not! live! in my! heart!




See? You feel better about your kids now, don't you?

Well.

You're welcome.


(and if you're still in need of encouragement I could tell you about our, um...nipple situation.)

1 comments:

Dee Lanier said...

hilarious!

Pages