Thursday, March 20, 2008

Still swooning a bit...





And totally kicking myself for thinking that they would confiscate my camera and make us take it all the way back to the car....therefore having no good pictures of my own of this amazing show. It was quickly after the opening act began that we realized cameras were allowed....my heart hurts just thinking about it.

BUT...it was absolutely the most enjoyable concert I've ever gone to...and I've been to my fair share. I don't think my feet have touched the ground yet. I knew we were in for a good show with Michael Buble, but the opener floored me! They were called Naturally 7 and are an acapella group from NY that do all of their own instruments with their VOICE. They sounded like a chior with a full band behind them! Josh even thought they were using special effects on their mics...such little faith :) They did drums, bass (he was unhuman-like), electric guitar, turn tables, violin and trombone. Our jaws were on the floor pretty much the whole time. See them for yourself here.




And then the man himself.....wow. He serenades with the sound of Frank Sinatra. Even his speaking voice is captivating. I have always loved the old crooner sound, but to come out of a 32 year old! Frank died before I really appreciated him and in a small way Michael's voice transports me back to before my time. Anyway, I fully expected him to be incredible, not to mention the 10 piece band of genius' that played with him. But he was really funny! A few highlights were of him pointing out how miserable two guys up front looked, how they must have been dragged there by their wives and then ordered them two beers with refills all night. He also pointed out 2 young girls ages 15 and 12, thoroughly embarrassed them by telling them how cute they were and how having "young cutie pies" in his audience keeps him responsible because otherwise "I would turn Amy Winehouse in this place so fast!" He hopped off the stage to take pictures with them, hugged a random guy, danced with another lady kissing her on both cheeks while she pretty much groped him.....poor guy. He wasn't offended and laughed about it.

If you already like his music then DEFINITELY go see him live! It made me realize how much I would love to see Tony Bennett before he dies. Michael and others have named him the "last man standing."

Anyway, he was charming, funny, gushing toward the audience...no wonder he sells so many tickets. But don't worry, he had enough locker room humor to keep me from idolizing him!









3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

oohhhhh...after all that, I'm jealous! I love Frank Sinatra! And I love acapella (if it's good!!)! : )

Wow, so glad you got to go!!!! : )

meghann said...

we just discovered naturally 7 too! they are getting big in europe where that is there ''trial run'' before they market them to the US. i love there phil collins remake!!!!!

Hilary Ann said...

I'm so glad that you such a great time . . . I'd love to see him live one day!

Pages