You may have seen the commercials and billboards by now. I was curious so I checked out the website for the five day weekend. Pretty interesting. Now I don't know the logistics but working a 2 day week sounds interesting (despite the fact that all the kids in America would consequently be a lot dumber). You know, for those people that do go to work.
See for yourself and, fyi, apparently those responsible for this movement will be uptown today 11-1:30 to rally for their cause.
So what do you do on those five days? Here are suggestions from the website (ready for some llama fun?). Hmmm.....
- A nice little hike
- Taking up horseback riding
- Getting a cup of real, non-office coffee
- A day of mountain biking
- Renting a bike, if you don't have one
- Gourmet cooking lessons
- Going to a winery
- A day out with a llama
- Piloting a hot air balloon
- Rock climbing
- Getting to know the joy of a kayak
- Whitewater rafting
- Taking the kids out to get some learnin'
- Golf, an obscure sport believed to be from Scotland
- Picking up some local produce at a farmer’s market
- Spending some of that money you earned on Monday and Tuesday