Friday, May 08, 2009

Apparently, we make our kids tired....

I know updates have been slow, but you're used to that by now so if I can keep your expectations low, you'll just be glad that I update at all, right? That's how I like to do things.

Low expectations.

Several weekends ago we went to the Rescue event for child soldiers in Uganda, and got to hang out with some good friends as well. It was really good to be a part of it even though we couldn't camp out with the hundreds of hard core and unattached young activists.
It, among other things, brought up more emotions about being overseas, sadness and grieving over the brokenness of our fallen world, dreaming of what God would have us do and much prayer about where we should position ourselves now.

I hope to write about that soon, but for now here are a few pictures (there are some really good ones at the Kovac's blog. Jason's talented and has a super cool camera ;) ).



Manny getting psyched up for the walk.


We left pictures of our family and circled in red those who had abducted themselves.
One of my favorite pictures. They will be taken to D.C. for the big rally in June.



Isaiah and his buddy Samuel in a Frisbee match with some college girls.
Yes, I read it.
And no, I don't like it.
(but they were very nice girls)

The end of Karis and Isaiah.


And for the past 3 years I have gotten to go with Josh and his teammates to their annual field trip to the zoo. This year was even more fun because there were more animals and Isaiah is really into animals right now...

Mr. Sea Lion has always been my favorite. After all, I did promise to become a marine biologist/dolphin trainer, and my dorm room in college was absolutely covered with dolphins.

Mr. Sea Lion, you are closest thing I have to a dolphin so, thank you for your time and attention to us. The dream lives on in my heart thanks to you.

His belly.
And if you time it right, they'll do all their cute tricks during feeding times.
That was great!



This is the closest they've ever come to us.
I think the bath warrants it.
(the elephants. not Josh and Manny)

Aaaand....out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

read what? Did the frisbee say something bad?

I wanted to be a marine biologist, too, until I learned that you had to do a lot of science and math. Dolphins were my favorite :-)

Unknown said...

Ha! Not the frisbee. That he was playing frisbee with college girls. :)

And I, too, was turned off by the science and math...the nerds always get the cool jobs though.

Lisa said...

Um, we 3 must be kindred spirits, or is this more common than I realize? I, too, wanted to be a marine biologist/dolphin trainer until I realized what "biology" implied...duh. But, I did grow up in Orlando and could totally see myself working at Sea World. Cute pics- the kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hello
klonopin medication
But you may also require taking some special precaution while using it.
[url=http://www.tffhgddenizli.org/]klonopin without prescription[/url]
You should use it with faith.
http://www.tffhgddenizli.org/ - clonazepam drug
Klonopin should not be over used also (in fact no drugs should be overused).

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://elizecibih.kogaryu.com/isilus.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://jidatagug.uvoweb.net/vucode.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Pages