Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A little linky-linkage

And you're thinking, "What a clever title!" I know. I actually impress myself at times.

Just wanted to share a couple things that have really challenged and moved me recently.

1) Now, there is much out there regarding things husbands need to know about their wives, but I haven't found the same kind of hype surrounding wives really getting their husbands...and to be honest, I haven't been looking. I pretty much think that the issues or arguments in our marriage stem from him needing to understand and get me better. Sound familiar?

I think the Lord felt it necessary to deal with that in my heart and show me a little more of how he's created my husband and how directly I affect him. I listened to 3 podcasts from Focus on the Family (Shanti Feldhahn) that were maybe 30 mins each, and it's been changing how I think about Josh, and hopefully, how I relate to him. I'm starting to understand him more and it's really humbling to see how little I understood, even after 5 years of marriage. Anyway, it's a super easy listen in interview format so the time flies by. If you decide to listen, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2) Invisible Children is raising awareness about the thousands of children who have been kidnapped by Joseph Kony's rebel soldiers and forced to carry guns almost their size....what's worse, use them. They kill and they die without most of the world even knowing, and most who know do nothing. This story has gripped my heart. They are hosting a huge event this Saturday in cities all over the country, including Charlotte. I'm working on the details to be a part of it. Btw, you can also read about it over at Shawnda's. If you're going, let me know! It's definitely not too late.

40And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'

0 comments:

Pages