Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Memory card unload

A few weekends ago, Josh and I took a weekend away and went to Charleston for one of the days. We took a Gullah tour, given by the father of the pastor who's church we've been visiting. It was pretty interesting and hard to absorb all the rich history crammed into two hours. One of the themes through the tour was the work of an artist who has fashioned wrought iron gates through out Charleston and all over the world, been invited to the White House by President Reagan, deemed a "National Treasure." You can see his work here. This is where he lived...



When asked if he was rich, Philip replied, "Of course I'm rich. Anyone who has Jesus is rich."

Philip moved to a retirement home about 1 1/2 yrs ago. His house and shop are in the process of becoming a national historic site.


For the record, he really has made a lot of money and has sent all of his grandchildren to college as well as many kids from his neighborhood in the projects.

This place is like an all day dessert buffet for your eyes.


We also went to a state park....


Yeah....I'm not sure.

I cannot tell you how much pride I fought in posting this picture. I assure you, I am extremely uncomfortable in a tree of any sort.

I think he's so handsome :)


An entrance to the Atalaya Castle. This is as far as we got because it cost $1 to get in and we had NO cash and there was NO place in the park to get cash...despite what the man at the front gate will tell you.


And the boys....

Manny's band is now decked out in surfer rub-ons.

I don't even know what to say...he's a character!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Pages