Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring equals inspiration slash goals slash lists

I am a list maker. I really love lists. They take all the fragments and mismatched, half-thoughts running amuck in my head and make them...complete, whole, real thoughts. I have all the normal lists like grocery, to-do, errands, projects, packing, step-by-step instructions and sometimes even a list of things I need to look for online so I won't get side tracked (which works approximately 2% of the time). I also journal to get my thoughts to make sense, but that's another day.

(I never thought I would need a way to get to complete, whole, real thoughts, by the way, but apparently I do...and badly.)

And, with current technology, I have found myself to be a much better typer than hand writer so I thought I would make my list for spring here. And aren't you glad?

These are all the things running around like rabbits in my brain...things I'll complete, things I'm just thinking about completing, things that just won't leave me alone.

1. Squarefoot gardening. This WILL happen this year. I will make one, only one, and it will be good. Amen.

2. Pillows. I want to make them. Pretty, springy, fresh pillows for our bed and couch. This girl on Etsy has some super cute ones.

3. Thermal curtain panels. The blinds over our sliding glass door do little more than prevent sunburn, get knocked off by a certain two year old and then re-stapled and re-stapled again. Our great room is also a sauna in the summer time, so I'm trying to decide if I should get fabric and make them myself or just buy them...leaning toward buying them.

4. Cute memory board for the boy's room. I have wanted to do this since I was pregnant with Isaiah. It seems really simple (I already have the list of instructions for it). Though not for a boy, I still thought this one was pretty.

5. Make my own cleaning products. Do any of you guys already do this? Organized Home has some really simple ways of doing this.

6. Clean! The yearly (and I do mean yearly) bug has bit. This task is still very overwhelming to me. I would like to get back to doing little things everyday that don't take much time, but maintain cleanliness really well....like taking 39 seconds to wipe down a counter everyday instead of taking a fire hose to it once a month. Real Simple has the best plan for this that I have ever used. I really worked for me back then.

0 comments:

Pages