Saturday, April 26, 2008

Progress!!!

Here's a small tour of what we did today (I'm just a little proud).

Josh finally bit the bullet and put the sign in the ground.
We still don't feel all that ready. We still need to touch up the paint, replace the carpet and tile the bathrooms, but felt it was best to go ahead and put the sign up. I honestly doubt we'll go without a realtor for very long, but Josh really wanted to try FSBO.

The little man's room

The messy, TINY kitchen (also known as the thorn in my flesh). And due to said size, it's really hard to get a good picture of it. This isn't really a fair representation but you get the idea.

The also messy (but slightly more spacious) eating area.


Our room (and yes, there will be a bedskirt).


My favorite thing we did today. Our entertainment center was worn and bowing under the weight of our tv so Josh's parents came over and Patti (his mom) suggested that we move the buffet out of the eating area and use it as a tv stand. It worked! We'll probably take down the picture behind it though.

So, I'm extremely open to any suggestions you may have looking at these few pictures as I would LOVE to not be moving while unable to see my feet! And baby was kicking a lot today letting me know he/she would appreciate not going through that too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE everything you guys did! I am so proud of both of you!! That is a wonderful idea...to use the buffet as a TV stand. Let us know if we can help (seriously) and we can't wait to see what the Lord does. Love y'all!

Kristin (and Sam and Lily)

Spirit of Adoption said...

Yay!!! Good job! Ya'll have been working SO hard!

Topharmers Wife said...

It looks great! I don't think when you sell your home you will ever be 100% ready! Let me know if you need any "staging" help!

Dawn S. said...

Looks good! I have heard the following tips work well:remove personal photos - this helps people "picture" themselves in a home better; remove extra kid items (high chair, etc) and dog dishes, etc during an open house or "showing". Also, stand in the doorway of each room and think of one or two things (large or small items) that can be removed so that the rooms look bigger. ps: we have sold two houses since we have been married and they both sold in two days so hopefully this helps:)

Pages