Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For the unborn...

A couple of hours ago I was leaning toward voting for Obama. I even debated the issues last night with a good friend who will vote for McCain. Please don't judge me. I had done research on both candidates and was extremely disappointed in McCain's voting record on prolife issues. I also read many quotes from Obama on how he would work to reduce the number of abortions in our country by preventing unwanted pregnancies. After a lot of discussions with many believers that I respect strongly and more research, this sounded to me to be the most "prolife" plan of the two. I've prayed all along that God would give me wisdom and change my heart if I was becoming blind to what's closest to His heart.

Then I read this about the Freedom of Choice act that Obama has publicly announced he will sign as President, and after reading more and more details about this act, I feel queasy. It's disgusting. This act will open the doors for limitless abortions, without restrictions, at any point in the pregnancy, in way that government will not be able to interfere with. It also plans on all of these abortions to be fully funded by our government....many covered by his health insurance plan.

If you're a Christian on the fence or know one, please at least educate yourself on this and lovingly encourage your friend to. I'm truly convinced millions of lives are at stake in this election.

If you don't want to believe the comments of Randy Alcorn and other's, here it is from Obama himself at a Planned Parenthood rally....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8

I'm honestly still not a huge fan of McCain's, but I am of unborn children and their right to live. To me, and you may disagree, the alternative means countless precious little lives possibly lost.



"Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed in your land, which the LORD your God is giving you as your inheritance, and so that you will not be guilty of bloodshed." Deuteronomy 19:10



Update: In re-reading this post I want to be extremely clear that I'm not bashing any believer in support of Obama, or saying they don't care for the unborn. I have several close friends who love Jesus, sought His wisdom, did their homework and ended up differently than I did...that's ok. I also know that this election was settled before the world was ever formed and is in the complete control of a mighty and sovereign God. He does what pleases Him and He cannot be thwarted. I'm compelled to write out of my own personal convictions and since this is my blog, I will :) Hope you see my heart.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dana, I just posted on this today! Funny. Great minds think alike.

Pages