Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How Marvelous!

I didn't grow up in churches that sang many hymns and on days like today I'm thankful because when I hear one I haven't heard in a long time, it's still new to me and the words have fresh meaning. I don't have memories of singing them as a bored kid in the pew with her parents. There's no negativity or indifference associated with them in my head (not that people who grew up with them would...but I think I would).

And this morning I was hit over the head with one as I was listening to Chris Tomlin in my car. What a beautiful and ENCOURAGING message! I couldn't help raising my hand (with one planting firmly on the steering wheel) and singing to the top of my lungs! The chorus has been playing over and over in my head since. A very simple message, but so full of marvel, wonder and joy at Jesus. So, I just wanted to share the words of it with you:

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Refrain:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

Refrain

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

Refrain

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

Refrain

0 comments:

Pages