Monday, December 06, 2010

How will we die?

I just finished watching this man preach his heart out.

He asks over and over, "Will we die in our religion or will we die in our devotion?"


I can't unpack this sermon for you and it's a time commitment to watch it (35 mins), but every single minute is WORTH IT.

I don't have much to say right now. I feel like God, in one way or another, has been asking me this same question. This blog, though wonderful for many things, can be a huge temptation to write about things and not live them.


I hear a refrain in my head over and over and over asking the question,

"What if no one could see you, Dana?
What if no one was there to give praise and approval?
What if no one was there to hear you and possibly criticize in their hearts?
What if no one had an opinion?
What if no one knew about your sacrifices?
What if they knew you didn't sacrifice?
What if the only people affected were you and the ones you were reaching out to?
How would you live?
Would you still do it?

Would you even start doing it?"



David Platt: SBC Pastors Conference 2009 from Todd Thomas on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Pages